- Onboard Mentoring
- One-on-One Mentoring Pair
- Peer Mentoring for Professors
- Small Group Peer Mentoring Idea
- Be a Mentor
This mentoring program is intended to be a useful way of supporting new faculty members as they adjust to their new environment. Whether the faculty is adjusting to academe itself, settling into their first year at UAMS, or simply settling into Arkansas. Assistance from a well-respected mentor can be an invaluable supplement to the guidance and orientation of all new faculty.
For more information about our on-board mentoring program click HERE.
Need assistance identifying a mentor? Our office can guide you in the right direction. Click below to email us. In your email, please note if you have any other mentors and if your department offers mentoring.
Think about what you desire from a mentoring relationship. Which of the following areas would you like assistance?
- Setting short and long term goals
- Developing your CV
- Developing your promotion and tenure packet
- Developing your teaching portfolio
- Negotiating the UAMS system
- Research design and funding
- Scientific Writing
- Resident, graduate, or student teaching evaluation
- Time Management
This small group peer mentoring program meets quarterly to discuss career development issues.
Potential topics include:
- My current goals are…
- My plans to prepare myself for retirement are…
- My strategies to work effectively with younger people at work place are…
- The new challenges that I am facing at work are…, and my strategies to meet these challenges are…
Looking for a place to connect? Small groups are peer-facilitated mentoring groups for support and feedback. If you have an idea for a small group or would like to lead one, contact the Faculty Center with the button below.Idea for a Small Group
We are always looking for volunteers to be mentors! Please contact us below to let us know how you would like to participate.Be a Mentor